Sunday, November 20, 2005

Believe it or not, that filing cabinet in a rice paddy is my home. I've chosen a view to exaggerate it - there's a supermarket and a busyish road to the left, but it is pretty country! Off screen to the right is where the train goes into a tunnel to punch through the hill. My place is top left in the big box in front of the place with a sloped roof, which you can see in this next photo...
This is the view out my back window (my only window!) That's a little restaurant. The traffic going up the hill can be a real pain at night. I like the cars with turbos and loud sports exhausts - just not at 2am. This is from the little bridge next to the station. I just worked out the name of that mountain Kisurasiyama - Mount Kisurasi.
One of the older trains that run along this track (it's a single track at Gosha). I am slowly becoming a train nerd... I gravitate towards the train sets in toy stores now. denwa ga daisuki desu!
Gosha station. Yes, it's as simple as it looks here. The stops around it are a lot more major. I love the little xylophone tune that announces each train - I know I'll miss it when it's time to go home.

I think it's hard to beat a Japanese maple for Autumn scenery. Of course, I don't know the first things about trees, but these are just awesome to look at. The colours are amazing. This one is along the path near the scary dog. I've seen the beast once - it looks like a wolf! It just stared me down that time, but when I walk past at night it goes off barking from behind an old metal fence. I am not brave when it comes to sudden barking at night!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Janey!

I washed the frog before I let him go. I put him in a take away container and swished him around (gently!) in water until it all came off. (Note to others: Janey is an animal liberator haha) I don't know how he got in... I think he must have jumped onto me on the way home and then jumped off inside - this place is pretty airtight.

Glad to hear about the wedding! It's great they had good weather - they must have looked very spiffy. I am annoyed at myself for forgetting to send a message on the day. Anyway, miss you. Take care

10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home