Sunday, January 08, 2006

The morning after we received about 5 inches of snow in a night. I thought this was impressive until I went to Takayama (photos to come). But even the snow there pales in comparison to the place I saw on the news tonight that had 3.6 metres!

It's kind of nice seeing everything you've become accustomed to change view overnight. This view of the creek near my place was suddenly picturesque.


The tunnel outside my block.

The view from my front door...

Before

After

This guy appeared just near my work. He looked a bit miserable.


Ground control to Major Tom: Your circuit's dead, there's something wrong. Can you hear me Major Tom? Can you hear me Major Tom? Can you hear me Major Tom? Can you ...

here am I sitting in my tin can called the Kobe Dentetsu train, trying to work out what I've done to my camera. In my exuberance I guess I frolicked in the snow just a little too much and the snow decided to move in. I was going away with friends shortly so I rather hastily went out and got a new camera. It's got a nice big zoom and was cheaper than my little one. I guess I didn't need much encouragement or excuse to buy a new toy. Anyway, I like both - I'll try to get my little one fixed. This is Major Tom to Ground Control... I'm stepping through the door. And I'm floating in the most peculiar way...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey take care in the snow. Beware of rooves caving in and slipping around etc etc...

8:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home