Saturday, January 07, 2006

This is the first piece of artwork I've done in Japan - and it's in the tradition of Swiss (?) artist Duchamp... in other words, I found it. It's a rusty piece of metal that was lying on the ground on the way to the station. Doesn't it perfectly capture a scene of autumn? I wonder if I should sign it. I'm waiting to find a ready-made winter-scape, too.

The elevated deck of Kiyomizu-dera in Kyoto. Unfortunately a lot of my photos taken there looked better on the small screen of my camera. With the fading light it was hard to keep a still hand (a cold hand at that!).


I've photoshopped this due to bad exposure, but I've tried to avoid overdoing-it. I think this is pretty much how it looked - pretty nice view from the temple.



After dark, the lights came on and the crowds came out. It was a nice night.



With the tops of the trees just below you, you feel like Kiyomizu is kind of floating.

Spam you later.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

As in Marcel Duchamp? Or another one? The one dude I studied in Art at the best school - Epping Boys High.

3:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home