Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Aloha! I seem to be having trouble sticking photos on here tonight, so nothing to see, just some thoughts. I'm really behind with what I've been showing and telling - so much has happened in the last couple of months. Most recently I've had a great time with new friends... and sadly already said goodbye to them. God has been really amazing in laying paths across mine so that I have met such nice people. So who are they?

Well, for starters in the past week our church had a team of 7 from Hawaii come and do lots of great stuff in the Nishinomiya area - outreach programs for people of all ages. They were truly special people and from what I saw they lived and breathed the gospel they preached. The whole church really got into the program as far as each person could and the vibe was really great. A friend from church became a Christian! I was very encouraged by what I saw/was able to help in... I realise not everyone who's reading this cares for what I'm talking about, but it helped me a lot to see what's important and what's just not. I think my vision has become pretty skewed and I've been feeling pretty sorry for myself for too long over stuff that just doesn't really matter. So, if you are one who prays, ask God to keep moving people's hearts in this part of the world and to keep us and the Hawaiians in this mindset and momentum of trying to share Jesus' love with the world... something that was quite tangible this weekend. Kamisama sanbishimasu! I praise God.

I also bade farewell to lovely friends Anna and John, English teachers that live nearby. Tomorrow they head home to the States. We spent a lot of time in the short couple of months that we were aware of each other meeting up to eat noodles, going to karaoke and doing some other fun stuff. I met Anna at Japanese class. Bye guys! Anyway, another changing of the guard...

Last week I went to a concert by Utada Hikaru. It's something that I'd really hoped to be able to see - only her 2nd national tour since her first 6 years ago. Pretty girly, but hey, whatever. She ranges from pop (debuted at age 16 and sold 8 million records) to more experimental dance music (recent stuff). Great, unmistakable voice, but I discovered she can't improvise very well! Anyway I thoroughly enjoyed having my ears and eyes assaulted by the Osaka Castle Hall's massive sound system and the impressive video and light display. My next excursion will be Summersonic in Osaka in a couple of weeks.

This coming Saturday I'm going to Sanda's own matsuri... it should be nice soaking up the summer heat with my friend Masashi in our jimbei robes (well, they're both his... I'm borrowing one!) under the fireworks near the river. He hardly speaks English and I hardly speak Japanese, so it should be fun! I met Masashi through his wife Eriko. Eriko brings their son Ryoya to church and Masashi is slowly starting to come more. He's very cool... actually all 3 of them are!

Well, I'm being stoopid as usual and spending sleep time writing this, so I'm going to sign off. If you're reading this from Hawaii, thanks again so much for coming and putting so much into our church and into me. Aloha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home