Monday, November 27, 2006

*note: the post below this one is newer. I started it before this one and I don't know how to change the date of its publishing... we now return to our regular program...

Missed photo opportunities of the last few days:

A Honda Goldwing bike (big touring bike) covered with flashing lights and playing loud music, being ridden by a middle-aged guy wearing a CHiPs-style Helmet. So that's what Eric Estrada's up to these days. (If you're too young to know who I'm talking about, then boo to you).

A fully chromed dumptruck. Fwoar! Many work trucks here are big and shiny with chromed panels, but this one was completely chromed. They also have very aggressive sounding exhaust systems and extended front bumpers. The crazy, moving neon light show trucks, or decotora, are sadly very rarely seen... well, by me, anyway.

3 Woodytown wagonists hanging tough beside their vans, all white. Yes, that's right - the bad boys of Woodytown! One Estima was about an inch off the ground and had at least 8 LCD televisions all showing the same images. What a waste of money... but kind of cool - the van itself looked unreal. Ok, this time I admit I had my camera in my bag, but would you really want to be seen taking flash photos of the Woodytown Massive?

Well, tomorrow a million photo ops are awaiting. I'm heading to Kyoto to see the autumn leaves which are peaking right now. It's raining at the moment and forecast for tomorrow, but with a hiatus forecast from late morning until 6pm, just when I plan to be there. I'm madly trying to plan my itinerary - there are so many temples and shrines to see. Anyway, what am I doing writing this here? I am currently blog-addicted, if you hadn't noticed. Sorry to be so convinced of my own interestingness...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home